“Unexamined teaching is drudgery.”
I wonder if the same holds true for unexamined quotes?
If I were to use this quote as a starting point to think about my own teaching I might use some of the following questions.
- What in the quote speaks to you?
- What do you see as the essential truth captured in the quote?
- How does it confirm what you know to be true about teaching and learning?
- What is one experience you can point to in your teaching that this quote helps to explain / shed light on?
- How can this quote inform your future teaching experiences / plans?
If I decided that this quote captured something undeniably true and important, I’d probably start reflecting on my lessons. Pretty simple really.